University and Jepson Herbaria, University of California, Berkeley (UC-JEPS)

Established in 1895 around a core of preserved plant specimens that were collected by William Brewer on the California Geological Survey of 1860 to 1864, the University Herbarium (UC) includes 2,200,000 specimens from land plants, algae, lichens, and fungi. Established in 1950 by a bequest from Willis Linn Jepson, the Jepson Herbarium (JEPS) includes over 100,000 vascular plant specimens from California.
Contacts: Jason Alexander, jason_alexander@berkeley.edu
Collection Type: Preserved Specimens
Management: Data snapshot of local collection database
Last Update: 7 November 2019
Digital Metadata: EML File
Collection Statistics
  • 0 specimen records
  • 0 georeferenced
Extra Statistics
Show Geographic Distribution
Show Family Distribution